Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bedroom #4 (also known as guest room #2)

Bedroom #4 will also be our second guest room.  Besides housing all of our unhung wall art, it currently contains a full size headboard and a dresser; items that were Erik's through the high school years.  These pieces are solid wood, however, the finish is a bit dingy, and in need of some love.   




I've considered stripping and re-staining, however, I'm contemplating giving these pieces a new life with paint.  Perhaps something like Layla, from the Lettered Cottage, did on the "Sand & Sea" room at the Screened Inn.

I've also thought of painting one of the pieces a light turquoise, but am still looking for some inspiration pictures I like.

Have any of you done a painted headboard and/or dresser?  Did you use a traditional color, like black or white, or did you do something with a little "pop"?

No comments:

Post a Comment