Back in January I had mentioned some artwork I'd seen that I wanted to attempt to DIY, five months later, I've actually started the process!
I started by creating a file in Microsoft Publisher; making it a custom size paper - 12x12 (same as scrapbook paper).
I printed the documents, which printed on four pages, and taped them together to give myself a template.
I pulled out my light table, and attempted to trace, but I realized how unsteady my hand truly is. That's when I busted out a variety of cups as a tracing tool. This special cup was purchased during Red Sox spring training; not only is it a good template, it also lists important dates! :)
The next step was to "trace" the pencil marks with paint.
Then fill them in.
All three "pieces" as they are today. I'm going to make sure they're dry, then erase my random pencil marks.
From there, I'm going to apply some distressing ink to give them an aged look, then pop them in the IKEA frames that have been hanging out in my office for the past four months and finally get some artwork up on the dining room wall.

I'm someone who typically likes clean lines and symmetry; my paintings have neither. I'm hoping the imperfections will give them more personality. I guess time will tell, and if over time I hate them, I can always replace them.






No comments:
Post a Comment