I started squealing like a little girl, and my husband was confused. He asked me why I was so excited about our neighbors house, and I pointed to our neighbors house and said "because, that is our neighbor's house, this is OUR house" I went over to talk to the sales manager, and I guess the crew that does the blocking had a slot open on Saturday morning, and they had our first floor up in a matter of 7 to 8 hours.
Because we're in hurricane zone, and the state has very specific regulations regarding building to hurricane code, they need to come inspect before the second floor goes up, to ensure the rebar is in place to "strap" the second floor and roof. I'm not going to say I understand it completely, but from what I understand there are holes cut into the cement blocks that have a rebar going in it that is "sunk" a foot below the surface of the slab that "ground" the house in the event of strong winds. Once the city confirms the reinforcements are placed where they need to be, the builder can back fill the holes and start with the second floor.
Originally the inspector was supposed to come out on Tuesday, but they're going to try and get him out tomorrow. They expect to have the second floor and a roof up by Friday!
Welcome to our home! This will be the front door, and the window will be to my home office.
Here's the view from the front door, pre-walls.
This is our family room, with two windows and french doors. The pipe on the left is the kitchen sink, and the cutout in the floor is for the drain to the shower in our master.
This is our master suite. The tall "pipe" is for the structured wiring that will be in one of the two walk-in closets.
This is the view from our family room. All the pipes and such are for the kitchen, laundry room, 1/2 bath and hot water heater.
And the view from "the pool.
Seeing walls makes it feel so much realer (yes I know, "realer" isn't a real word). I've been playing around with some furniture layouts, and now that I've walked the space I'm thinking I might need to make some adjustments. I'll start posting some of these layouts soon, and would love some feedback.







No comments:
Post a Comment