Friday, March 4, 2011

7 Random Facts

My new neighbor, Kate, over at Kate and Khan did a post last night listing seven random facts about herself, and passing it along to seven other bloggers to list seven random facts about themselves.  I love how she put it "kind of like a chain letter but, with no promise of great fortune and no threat of haunting spirits."

1.  I met Erik on eHarmony.  I'd been on the site for 9 months, and after meeting my fair share of losers I decided I was going  to let my membership lapse, because I was tired of the monthly bill, and was having no luck.  A few days before my membership expired, on 11/11/2006, I was matched with Erik and he initiated communication.  I remember telling myself this was the last guy I was going to meet from eHarmony.  Little did I know it was going to be because he would end up as my husband.

2.  In 2003 I was contemplating a two year work assignment for my company in Munich.  During the process of getting the assignment approved, my mother was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer.  I made the decision that I wanted to stay in the country, so that if anything happened I was only a 3 hour flight away.  A year later, after surgery, two rounds of chemo and two rounds of radiation, my mom was on the road to recovery, and I was feeling like I needed to do something different with life, so I started grad school.

3.  We recently adopted my late mother-in-law's dog, a border terrier, Remi.  She's been living with us for three weeks, and I've really enjoyed having her live with us.

4.  The stress of the last 12+ months has really worn on me, and I've gained a ridiculous amount of weight.  I've just recently started to have the drive to get back to the gym (I've missed Body Pump) and start eating healthier.  I'm hoping that drive stays with me, and I can get back on track to a healthier lifestyle.

5.  Starting a family has been a lot harder than we expected (and I know the weight I've gained isn't helping matters).  We really want to be parents, and hope that we can achieve this goal in the next year or two.

6.  I used to do a lot of "creative" things.  I've taken four floral arranging classes and the three Wilton cake decorating classes.  I also used to do a lot of rubber stamping and dabbled in scrapbooking.  A lot of our wedding decor was "paper art" I worked on.  Most of my supplies have been packed up since I moved in with Erik, and have been packed away in a storage unit.  I'm hoping to get those boxes unpacked soon and start working on creative projects soon.

7.  I love coffee.  Specifically, I love regular Dunkin Donuts coffee.  When we lived in our condo in Massachusetts, the guy across the hall worked for DD corporate.  He would bring us new products they were testing.  It was really nice of him, but truth be told, my obsession was the coffee.

So, here's where I pass it along.  If you're interested in doing a post I'd love to read more about you - if not, I understand.  :)

My sister-in-law Michelle, Jen over at Domestic Jenny, Jenna over at Jenna Sue Designs, Jen over at Ashley Interior Ideas, Becky over at This Blissful Journey, Holly over at Chic and Lovely, Katrina over at At Home Alterations.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for playing. I'm part of a scrapbook group around here, let me know if you're interested. There's a Stampin Up workshop Friday, the 11th if you want to get back into stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you were right about Erik being the last guy you would meet off EHarmony! Even if you did set off your car alarm to get rid of him:)

    ReplyDelete