Friday, February 25, 2011

The state of things - one week out

I'm going to be embarrassed to show these pictures, but I figure if I do, it will give me the swift kick in the butt I need to get something done this weekend :)  To be fair, I was sick earlier this week and last night is the first time I felt up to tackling anything, but the boxes are starting to get to me.

Garage - Right Side
  • Take broken BoFlex and empty boxes to dumpster/recycle center
  • Setup Shelving
  • Unpack "garage boxes" that have our miscellaneous tools

Garage - Left Side
  • Bring the rest of the boxes into the house

My Office - I'm horrified by this room
  • Purchase Expedit Shelving and baskets
  • Unpack - most stuff will go into baskets and file cabinet (which is currently empty)
  • Setup Computer
  • Neatly stack remaining items

Dining Room
  • Center dining room table
  • Hang Light fixture (box in back left)
  • Purchase quilted plate holders
  • Wash & Pack China in quilted plate holders (part of china seen in front right of room)



Guest Suite
  • Get last set of curtains up
  • Hem curtains (from IKEA have iron-tape for hemming)
  • Get bed re-made before Nan comes to town

Master Bedroom
  • Get upholstered bed into room and setup
  • Put blackout liners behind curtains
  • Get rest of boxes unpacked
  • Get lampshades for the two brushed steel lamps I have (not shown) so each bedside has one

Living Room
  • Hang Curtains
  • Bring speakers upstairs
  • Put misc tools (cordless drill, level, etc.) back where they belong - the new shelves in the garage!


Pantry - it's scary I really don't know what I can accomplish this weekend
  • Unpack china (top shelf)
  • Come up with a game plan!
Let's see what's done come Monday morning.  What's on your list??


3 comments:

  1. It's coming along! You only moved in last week you're definitely further along than I would be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that HUGE pantry. I need that in my house like NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! All the boxes will be gone before you know it and you'll be living happily in your new home. Congratulations and thanks for stopping by ATLS :)

    ReplyDelete