Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Art I'm digging

I've been watching the Nate Berkus Show since it aired back in September, and have been drawn to some artwork on his set.  I couldn't find any photos of just the artwork, so here's some random photos I found via google search.


I saved these images as a reminder of the artwork I liked, and kind of forgot about them; well until I was looking on Crate and Barrel's website, and saw this.
The yellow, blue and red all matched up (in a different frame) but there was no sign of the large green diamond one displayed on Nate's set. 

I started to google around some more and found this image:

Bingo, the large green diamond in the bottom left corner.  There was also a reference, Chariklia Zarris.  I googled this name and found a number of prints, in different sizes, on art.com.

I want to include this type of symmetrical, graphic artwork somewhere in the house. 
  • I could picture three of these prints hanging in a row in our foyer (perhaps with moulding similar to what Nate has). 
  • I could picture nine of these, frameless in a grid pattern, in my home office
  • I could picture six of these hanging in our dining room, or over our bed
I don't know if I'll buy some prints from art.com (not digging the frame option from C&B) or try to free-hand some of these patterns in a different size or different colors.  I think I'll have a better feel when we're in the house.  In the meantime, I'm on the lookout for square frames.  Maybe like these frames from IKEA ... unless I can score some frames with 40% coupons from Michael's!

1 comment: