I had great aspirations of using these beautiful brass overlap nailheads on our upholstered bed. Nailing them in proved to be a giant pain. I'm not sure if it has to do with my nailing into a 2x4, but the nails would bend as I nailed them in.
After going through approximately 20 nails, I have given up on the brass overlap look. I love it, but we close in 2 weeks and 2 days, and I want to sleep in my bed the first night our king size mattress makes it to Florida. It's been in a Massachusetts storage unit for too long, and while I love my husband, I don't love how we roll into each other in a queen size bed.
So, I'm ordering the nailhead trim kit and giving it one more try. I still have to nail into a 2x4, but it's 20% of the hammering ... and a whole lot less trying to make sure I have a straight line!
If this fails, nailhead trim may be something that gets put on the backburner for awhile!


Oh no! that's strange. I was considering using them in a headboard I'm about to make but not if it's a total PITA... let us know how it goes. BTW, where in FL did you move too? We just moved from LA and love it:)
ReplyDeleteHi Jenna!
ReplyDeletePart of me thinks my problem is that I'm nailing into a 2x4 and if I had a softer wood it wouldn't be an issue, but I'm not really sure. I've seen other bloggers do it, so I'm not sure why I'm getting bent nails. Hopefully the kit will work better, but I'm kind of frustrated because I really wanted the look of the individual nails.
We moved from Massachusetts to the Tampa area and are loving it too - especially with all the snow they're getting up there. What part of Florida are you in?
Oh Heather that stinks!!! :( Hopefully the new nailhead works out for you!
ReplyDelete