We had our inspection yesterday; with the exception of a seal that needs to be installed in the air handler closet the house is "very solidly built" ... which is music to my ears!
Since the last time we were there, the backsplash has been installed as has the stove and dishwasher. Unfortunately, the dishwasher that was installed was not the one we ordered (hence the open binder of all the documentation I keep on me at all times!). The builder will be swapping that out for us in the next week.The cabinets look naked to me, but I'm still undecided about hardware. In our condo, I went with plain brushed nickel knobs on all doors. I know that I can always install hardware, and swap it out at a later date if I decided I didn't like it - but I worry about drilling holes for pulls and deciding I really wanted knobs. I know, I'm a geek!
Other things I've been thinking about is the foyer. I want to have some form of entry table, but it seems much too narrow to me.
So I'm thinking the wall across from my office may be a better option. I think it will give me enough clearance when I come around the corner with groceries from the garage. As an added bonus there would be plenty of room to hang the large mirror we got from Erik's grandmother.
My last stop after leaving the inspection was Bed, Bath and Beyond where I saw the yellow stickers that make me happy. I figured these rods would be good for our living room (especially since they've started construction on the house next door and there are workers not far from our living room windows, so window coverings in this room and our master our my priority!) I was hoping to find two rods that were 28-48 inches, but alas there was only one. I figured the Bed, Bath & Beyond near our rental would have one more rod, but a quick trip over there at noon proved this to be not the case. I guess I'll have to check another Bed Bath and Beyond on the way to my parents this weekend ... and if I fail I guess I'll use them in another room and come up with plan B for the living room!





No comments:
Post a Comment