Last Thursday Erik and I closed on our first house!
Our realtor was amazing; I can not speak highly enough of how awesome she was!
When we got to the house the movers were already there. As were a couple of unexpected gifts from our builder.
Our master bedroom. My dad is bringing the headboard, and the base of the bed this weekend, as we'll be assembling it in the room.
... and yes, we got really classy, utilizing cardboard boxes as window treatments.
Bedroom #2 ... also known as storage room #1.
Bedroom #3 ... also known as storage room #2.
Bedroom #4. We'll be using this as a second guest bedroom, and I will eventually be refinishing the bed and dresser that Erik utilized through his high school and college years - some new hardware is also in order.
The guest suite.
So far, the only moving "casualities" I've found so far are to the furniture in this room. Luckily, they can be fixed.
My slatted sleigh bed, which was my first "grown-up" funriture piece. After seven years and six locations, not too bad.
And my great-grandmother's secretary desk.
I think I should be able to straighten up the metal rod to fix this. I also want to strip and restain this piece, as it's lost it's luster over the years. This piece, out of all of our furniture has the greatest meaning to me, as my GG used to hide things in the drawers for me to find when I came to visit. At one point I did some research, and it was built in either the 30's or the 40's.
The guest suite bathroom:
The loft
My office ... which looks a lot more chaotic looking now that I brought the rest of it over from the apartment.
Our dining room, prior to cleaning out all the empty boxes and bringing in the table and chairs.And our great room.
Saturday we got some visitors, and the weekend was devoted to spending time with family, specifically our niece
and Erik's sister
The battery on my camera died shortly after they got here, and I just unpacked the charger today, so I'll have to take updated pictures soon. In the meantime, we're loving that there's no one upstairs or next door doing step aerobics during crazy hours of the day!























How fun!... well maybe not, but our '1yr Anniversary' since we closed on our first home is coming up within the next week. These photos brought back all kinds of memories from when we closed and made the move :)
ReplyDelete-I love that desk btw!!
The house is beautiful! Thanks for letting me come and visit in the middle of your chaos. I can't wait to come back and see everything again. Hopefully I can bring the rest of the family.
ReplyDeleteEverything looks great! I can definitely relate to the whole "living in chaos"! We closed 2 weeks ago and are still trying to get a sense of normal in the new place! Congrats!
ReplyDelete