Tuesday, June 14, 2011

We got a few things done ...

I was hoping to get more done before my father-in-law and his fiance came to visit, but sometimes life happens - like an unexpected diagnosis to infertility testing.  Erik and I have had a chance to digest the news, and we have an interesting road ahead of us; but I think there's going to be a lot of projects in my future to help distract me when we go through periods of waiting.
Come Friday we had curtains up as well as some wall art. The wall to the right of the French doors also has a circular metal wall art mounted; the wall behind the couch needs something else - just not sure what yet (suggestions always welcome).   Eventually we'll get another piece or two into the sectional, do something about the end tables, and a ceiling fan up, now that I'm a pro at hanging fans!


The dining room is shaping up.  I'd like to hang a mirror on the wall opposite the pictures (which I finally got straight - which meant installing saw tooth hangers on the back of the picture (and foregoing the wire hangers that came with the frames).  Longer term, we'd like to put in hardwood flooring and area rug, some type of curtains and maybe a tall plant.


In terms of the guest room - it doesn't really look the way I was thinking it would.  Eventually I want it to have a beachy/spa like feel. 

That said, the ceiling fan made it up, and I managed to do it all by myself.  The one in our master took 5+ hours, this one took an hour and a half, and that was mainly because I "lost" a screw in the motor when I was trying to secure the downrod to the mounting bracket and was attempting to fish the screw out without taking the fan off the ceiling.

I painted the IKEA Rast dresser a glossy black, but the pulls are looking a little dinky to me.  We also got some old pictures up, and a rattan trunk into the room.

There's still a lot to be done, but at least I've started to get that drive again, so hopefully you'll start seeing more changes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment