Thursday, October 18, 2012

My new thoughts on nursery furniture

My inspiration picture for the nursery had white furniture.  I loved the look of white furniture, especially when it had straight lines.  I'd found the furniture I wanted to order and had pinned it for my reference.  Then, I took my husband with me to go registering. 

I never intended to buy baby furniture from Babies R' Us, but I wanted to walk my husband through the section to see how he'd react to different styles.  When he saw different styles of white furniture, all he could say was "it looks like it belongs in a girls room - if you pick that, we might as well start decorating with flowers and butterflies." 

Ugggh ...

Then I remembered furniture I'd seen from Land of Nod, from way back in the day (yes I was looking at nursery furniture 2 1/2 years ago, when I was silly enough to think that our first child was going to be joining us in 9 months).  Luckily, they still carry the line - and I think I like it now more than I did when I first saw it.

So as of today, these are the pieces I think will end up in the nursery ...

The Straight-Up Crib.  I love the fact that the front and back are the same height.  I love the straight lines.  I also like that it's solid wood, and made in the US :)

The Simple 6-drawer Dresser.  I may look into the Changer Top to hold a changing pad in place (it screws to the back of the dresser, and then can be removed when no longer needed).
 
The six cube bookcase - which will be outfitted with a combination of bins for toys, and open cubes for book storage.
 
I have no idea what I want to do for the glider yet, but I'm hoping to pull the trigger on this furniture soon.  That said, their website says the furniture is in stock for immediate delivery, and I want to get the stripes finished before I put furniture in the room ... so I may be waiting a bit longer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment