Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Picking paint colors ...

I have a hard time picking paint colors.  I just hate doing it.  When I found my inspiration image for the nursery, I remembered seeing a post that Shelley over at House of Smith's had done a few months back on painting stripes in her daughter's room.  I looked it up, and sure enough it was a grayish combo that I liked.  Shelley had used Eider White and Repose Gray...

 
I picked up a few samples from Sherwin Williams, and picked up four samples from the same sample strip.
 
 
The picture quality from the camera on my phone stinks, but after looking at the samples in many different lights, I decided to go with the Eider White / Repose Gray combo in 13" stripes. 

During a SW sale I picked up the paint in their non-VOC Harmony version and have gotten one coat of the base coat up.  Hoping to get the second coat up next weekend and the stripes painted out the following - while I still have balance on a chair :)

No comments:

Post a Comment