Friday, December 31, 2010

House selections - starting to get installed!

The house is really starting to come together!  I stopped by the house, and there was a small army working feverishly, but I couldn't help but snap some photos.  I'll have to stop by tomorrow, when I know the house is clear of workers, to get some better pictures.

Countertop installation in progress!

Microwave was installed, and the dishwasher was in the dining room.

Master shower tiled

Hall Bath and Guest bath tiled.  They installed towel bars, curtain rods, and toilet paper holders; which I wasn't expecting.  I don't love them, and will eventually swap out - but one less thing I need to do within the first few days of moving in.


Tile in main areas - done on a diagonal.


The ugly light fixtures - that I'll be swapping very soon after moving.  I've worked in the lighting field for 11 years, I couldn't bring myself to pay an upgrade for light fixtures I didn't like - so I told them to put in whatever we needed for certificate of occupancy.


Driveway and walkway poured - landscaping starts next week!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! I'm glad you'll be replacing those light fixtures...yikes! I love your kitchen cabinets too, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel free to pass that brass beauty along to me if you don't want it! Painted white it'd be perfect for my dressing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping my "brass" beauty would be bigger and that I could give it a little ORB spray paint action and some shades to make a temporary fix until I found a fixture I loved -but it's literally about half the size it should be for the scale of the room. If you can wait for mid-to-late February that brass beauty could definetly be yours!

    ReplyDelete