When I painted our condo, our local Sherwin Williams was my go-to place, not only did I love their paints, but the service is AMAZING. I also love that all the information about the paints I've purchased are stored in their computer. At one point I underestimated how much paint I needed, and I could tell Erik, with confidence, go in, give them our phone number, and get a quart of the paint that was used in the living room.
This summer we were looking at some houses, and there was one I loved, was ready to put an offer in on the spot, however, the inside of their house looked like a crayon box had thrown up inside, and Erik wasn't "seeing" what I saw. I snapped a few photos, and started using SW's online tool that allowed you to "paint" your rooms. In the end, he "saw" the same thing I did - although a few days later we decided to go for new construction, with a better layout (at $45K less than the five year old house).
Anyway, while I was on the site, I entered a sweepstakes "Color It Today". Imagine my surprise, when a few weeks ago I was contacted and told that I had been selected, assuming I met eligibility requirements, as the grand prize winner for two $500 gift cards to Sherwin Williams. To say I was skeptical would be an understatement, but I did some research - and the company that contacted me seemed to be a legitimate company that ran promos for companies like SW. I also tried to track down the "rules" and sure enough, they were running the promo for SW. So, I sent in my proof of age and citizenship, figuring I had nothing to lose.
Well, imagine my surprise when at 6:35 last night the UPS guy knocked on my door. I thought for sure it was one more Christmas gift being delivered, but instead it was this:
I guess the builder beige (actually burma buff) will be going sooner than planned - I say as I pull out my SW paint deck!
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That's insanely amazing!! Can't wait to see what colors you decide to pick!
ReplyDeleteSo exciting!
ReplyDelete