Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's starting to feel like home!

I got a call from the design center that the tile I'd picked for the master bath shower was backordered, so I had three options - they could put the floor tile on the wall, I could wait for the tile to come in (and delay closing) or I could pick a new tile.  I want the wall to look different from the floors, and I don't want to delay closing so I went to the design center to pick out a new tile.  The flash washed out the tile that Debbie (the woman who has helped me at the design center) is holding.  It's really close to the tile in the rest of the house - but I'll be able to do a different size.

After stopping by the design center I stopped by the house and saw this:


hello walk-in pantry (to the right) and a sneak peek of the addition to my office

the French doors (with the glass covered for painting)
sorry a lot of the pictures got cut off - with the walls and my lens, there's not much I can do about it.

It's amazing what a coat of paint can do.  Last time I was at the house the drywall had been taped and textured, but it was hard to see the trim.  Not anymore!  The wall colors may change earlier than I planned; I'm waiting to hear back on something - but I don't want to mention it yet, so I don't jinx myself.



Other areas of the house that got new cabinets

master bath vanity

upstairs hall bath

bathroom in guest suite

and the half bath on the first floor
(view coming in from the garage - laundry room on left, 1/2 bath in front, hallway on right that leads to front door and home office to the right and great room/dining room to the left)

Throughout the building process I've obviously known this is our future house, but today, with cabinets and paint, I could really see it as our home.

1 comment: