There's not much to the furniture layout for the dining room, because quite honestly it's not all that big. Measuring in at 10'-8" x 11'-0" nothing but a table and chairs are going to fit into this room.
We have nothing for this room; when we sold our place we donated the dining room set we'd inherited from my in-laws. It was a decent set, that served us well for a few years, but it wasn't either of our styles, and it was heavy. We just weren't interested in paying to move it - and the hutch and sideboard would have never fit into this space.
One piece I'm considering is the
Torrance Dining Table from Pier 1. It looks so much nicer in person that online. I don't love that the top is a veneer, I'm having visions of it warping. The price, however, is right (and recently dropped $100) and it might be a good set that could work for us for at least a few years.
My father has offered to do chair railing in the dining room and office as a house warming gift, so I'm trying to decide if I want to do a standard height with nothing below, standard height with wainscoting or perhaps board and batten with a picture ledge.
Also to find, a light fixture that is approximately 21" to 22" (I think I want to do something with a drum-shade), window treatments, wall art and a rug. Just a few decisions to make. :)
I like it, the table has a farmhouse feel going. I think for that price you should be able to find something that is solid. Have you check JCPenny?
ReplyDeleteI haven't given JCPenney a lot of thought, because I don't like that you can't see the physical product before buying. The Pier 1 table looks a lot better in person than it does on the website, but I think I'm going to have to visit that Antiques Mall you had told me about before I take a plunge and buy.
ReplyDeleteWell don't go to the antique mall without me! :)
ReplyDeleteI'd love the company. If there's one thing I can guarantee, it's that my husband isn't going to want go with me! :)
ReplyDeleteJust let me know when you want to go and I'm there!
ReplyDelete