Thursday, November 18, 2010

Inspiration for the Master Suite

When I saw the master suite that Katrina over at At Home Alterations I fell in love with the bedding.  It's Hampton Harbor's Chelsea Paisley. 
I ordered the throw pillow from Amazon, so that I could see the colors in person.  I figured if I liked it, I would pull the trigger on the duvet cover and shams.

on amazon.com - duvet priced at $129.99

Fast forward a few days, and I saw a post on a message board about a bedding set that was an online exclusive at Kohl's, named Chelsea Paisley (no reference to the maker)

on kohls.com on sale for $89.99 and I had a 20% off coupon - so $71.99

So for a $58 savings, I ordered the duvet from Kohl's and hoped that I would like it.  Since then the price has gone up to $99.99 and they've swapped the picture.  Still no mention of the manufacturer, so I guess it will be a surprise until it ends up on my door next week.

In the meantime, the throw pillow I ordered came in today, and I love it.  I didn't realize that the pattern would be raised.  It's definitely a pewter blue (as described on Amazon's website).

I'm a little concerned about mixing patterns, so I may stick to solids with interesting textures.  Looking forward to seeing the duvet next week, and starting to look for some wall colors! 

Wish me luck that the duvet I ordered is the duvet I'm expecting!

3 comments: