Tuesday, November 30, 2010

New Inspiration - Master Bedroom

In a prior post, I mentioned that I really like the Colette Bed from Crate & Barrel, but don't love the $1800 price tag.

I found a tutorial on Addicted 2 Decorating with instructions on how to make the headboard, and had bookmarked it for future reference.

Then my internet buddy, Jen, over at Domestic Jenny posted on a message board about the Colette knock-off she made using instructions for High-Heeled Foot in the Door.

In terms of color schemes/looks, I've been drooling over Janell's master bedroom redesign over on Isabella & Max Rooms


I think it's a great balance of masculine and feminine, and think I want to use brown and cream tones as my new master bedroom inspiration.

I went over to Joann's Fabrics this afternoon and picked out a few fabrics I think go well together.


Close-up of the fabrics:
Waverly Canton Bazaar / WalnutI like this one a little better than the one on the far right, because it has some gold in it (although you can't tell from the pictures!)


 


I had a brain fart when writing down the fabric information for the neutral, that I want to use for the headboard.  I wrote down Richloom Fabric Group - Studio Collection.  I'm going to go back tomorrow and hope it's in the same place I put it this evening, but I suspect it's one of these three options.
 


 


 


 


Robert Allen Square Pegs Sable 

I'm feeling good about my inspiration fabrics, and look forward to thinking about how I will  incorporate them into the room, either through pillows, curtains or slipcovers. 

1 comment:

  1. Love all the fabrics! Can't wait to see your finished project.

    ReplyDelete