Thursday, November 11, 2010

Furniture Layout - the Great Room

Before my husband and I were engaged he decided he needed a new couch, something with a recliner, and preferably a sectional.  He had picked out some pieces that one of his co-workers dubbed as  "an amusement park ride gone wrong".  I joined him on the hunt, and convinced him to go into Lay-z-boy.  I had my eyes on some more fashionable options, but when I saw the look on his face when he sat in the chaise, I knew that it didn't matter what I said, he was buying this sectional. 
We don't have all the pieces, specifically the pieces to the right of the chaise.  We only have one piece and it's narrower than that shown.  Eventually I would like to get the remaining piece, but the overall width of the seats will be 18 inches narrower than the picture above (and the diagram below).
Our TV was on a glass table, but at some point I'd like to get an entertainment center - smaller than pictured and centered differently.
Other than that, I'd like to get a bigger rug, some smallish end tables, window panels (I think I've found something I like), wall art, and perhaps an ottoman. 

When I posted the design on a message board someone suggested a sofa table behind the couch so the first thing seen on the way in from the french doors isn't couch, but I'll have to find something that is right sized and the far right piece reclines.

We love watching movies and sporting events, so I'm really looking forward to making this a comfortable place for us to spend time together.

No comments:

Post a Comment